The Peachtree Road Farmers Market at the Cathedral of St. Philip seeks a highly motivated, energetic individual, dedicated to the promotion of locally produced food and locally made products, to manage market operations, beginning February 1, 2018.
The Peachtree Road Farmers Market
Soon to be in our 12th season, PRFM is a leader in the community. We are the largest producer-only farmers market in the state. Producer-only means that everything at the Market has been grown, raised, or made by the seller, ensuring fair prices for both the vendors and the consumers.
The Market takes place on Saturday mornings (beginning April 7 and ending on December 15 in 2018) and Wednesday evenings 4:30 – 8 p.m. (beginning April 18 and ending on October 24 in 2018). We are open rain or shine. In the event of bad weather we move the entire market inside the Cathedral of St. Philip. For Wednesday markets, if the heat index is above 100 degree we will move the market inside.
Saturday we hold over 35 chef demonstrations throughout the season and have, on average, 50 weekly vendors. Each week brings new produce, vendors, events, live music and fun!
Wednesday evenings, guests can find farm-to-table fresh meals to enjoy at the market or take home. Live music, chef pop-ups and local breweries make it the perfect evening.
PRFM is a Wholesome Wave market and we accept and double SNAP (EBT/food stamp).
We are a non-profit program of the Cathedral of St. Philip.
Our New Market Manager Will:
- Plan, create and direct highly curated weekly farmers market focused on local sustainable farmers, locally produced foods and locally made goods.
- Review and evaluate vendors and manage vendor compliance with market policies to achieve a balanced supply and demand of products and goods that meet the market’s requirements.
- Work with governing board and stakeholders to create and enforce market policies, review vendor issues, implement the objectives of the market and evaluate the performance of the market’s management and vendors in achieving our goals and objectives.
- Create and manage events within the market to increase shopper attendance and build community relationships.
- Oversee grant and sponsorship requests and resource development. Build relationships with individual donors, organizations and businesses within the larger Atlanta community and manage fundraising through donor-centric events, sponsorships and individuals
- Recruit, train, supervise and motivate volunteers and staff
- Serve as the public face of the market in the community and produce content for weekly e-newsletter, social media, local media inquiries.
- Promote collaborative relationships with other groups and ministries, both inside the Cathedral and in the broader local and state community
- Manage programs that support the market and its mission, including EBT and Wholesome Wave GA.
- Work with partner organizations to achieve goals. Build and sustain partnerships with community and other groups on advocacy and projects relevant to the market’s mission.
- Subject to approval of the market’s governing board, design and manage the market’s budget.
- In conjunction with the Cathedral’s finance, human resources, administrative and legal staff, complete all administrative responsibilities related to fiscal processes, contracts, permits, record maintenance, vendor scheduling, and event calendar.
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- have a passion for our mission;
- be a motivator and leader;
- demonstrate excellent people skills and writing skills;
- be a person of faith, familiar with the Episcopal tradition;
- be a detail person who also has a focus on the big picture;
- have at least 5 years' experience as a full-time leader of a non-profit or religious organization.
- BA in relevant field.
- Strong communications skills- verbal, written, website and social media messaging
- Excellent listening and facilitation skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Event management experience including creation, logistics & onsite management
- Comfort and experience with public speaking
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with fundraising, donor stewardship, volunteer management
- Strong knowledge and position in the local food community in Atlanta or another comparable market
- Ability to prioritize needs and think and respond quickly
- Physically able to work outside in all types of weather
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and/or holidays, especially during the market season
- Experience working effectively with people from different cultural, economic, racial and religious backgrounds
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Experience working within a church or religious environment
- Strong non-profit management experience
- Budget design and monitoring
- Graphic design and photography skills preferable
- Base Salary: In line with similarly situated managers in Atlanta area religious and non-profit groups.
- Benefits: Individual health/dental insurance (fully paid by the Cathedral, an $11,000 value).
- Pension: 6% of salary, plus up to 3% additional match of employee’s contribution, fully paid by the Cathedral.
Email resume and cover letter to Ivory Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Applications will only be considered if received on or before January 31, 2018.
Finalists will be required to supply references and undergo background checks.